While some independent schools still allocate reception places on a first-come first-served basis, the majority now assess children applying for a place. While results obtained at this early age are not always a reliable predictor of academic potential, the children who do well at these assessments have things in common: a readiness to learn in a group setting, an ability to follow directions and a degree of emotional maturity.
As competition for 4+ entry has intensified, parents have become increasingly nervous about how to face these assessments.
We offer several specialist sessions to help families prepare for the 4+:
- Parents’ preparation for interview and school interaction (60 min)
- Parenting themes and techniques relevant for assessment (60 min)
- How to prepare multilingual children and the role of emotional eloquence (60 min)
- Resources for preparing for the 4+ at home (30 min + list)
- What to expect in the assessment? (60 min)
- One-to-one mock assessment and feedback (120 min)
Bespoke advice on selecting schools that are the right match for your family is delivered in our Primary-stage consultation (60 min £495, including school list).
If you would like to contact us about any of our services, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.